If you’re ready to take on the challenge of cleaning your garage, summer is the perfect time to do so. Most of us are still locked in our homes with little to do. Why not put that time to good use? You can clear the clutter in your garage, make it safer to reach your car and work there and at the same time eliminate unwanted items. We’ve compiled a list of 4 tips you can use to declutter your garage.
- Set some time aside: Depending on the size of your garage and the amount of clutter you have, it may take a full day or more to declutter and organize your garage. That’s okay. Just commit to a time and get the entire family involved in carrying out your old items. As the saying goes, “many hands make light work.”
- Decide what you will trash vs. what will be sold or donated: Sort your items into the categories, “to be sold,” “to be donated” and “to be trashed.”
- Keep athletic gear in order: Gather together sports equipment, including in-line skates, skis, soccer balls, basketballs, baseball bats, golf clubs, and tennis rackets and place them in one area of the garage. A shelf or plastics storage boxes can be used for this purpose.
- Contact junk haulers: Call us for a no-obligation estimate to determine how we can help you clear out the items that you have decided to throw away. To help you determine what you will keep and what you want hauled away, ask yourself when the last time you used those particular items was. If it has been more than a year, you can probably get rid of it and create extra room for your car, newer items, etc.
Items that Can Go First
When making the decision to finally declutter and arrange a garage there are always some obvious items to throw out. These items include:
- Old paint
- Empty boxes
- Old home décor items
- Outgrown toys
- Broken garden equipment
- Old sports equipment
- Expired chemicals (Remember to do this responsibly)
Once you’ve finished cleaning out and organizing your garage you will find it easy to spray for pests, sweep and hose down walls and floors, do pet projects at your workbench, etc. You will find that a clean, well organized garage is much safer and more useful than one that is cluttered with unwanted items. We specialize in professional junk removal and with clearing out unwanted items that are left during a home renovation.